- 1. Definitions
- 2. Regarding the handling and usage or personal information
- When collecting personal information from users, the purpose, usage, and scope of said usage will be displayed and made known in advance to the user on a service-by-service basis, either on a web site or within an application where such personal information is collected.
- 3. Purpose of using personal information
- We will not use personal information collected from users in a way that goes beyond the stated scope and purpose of usage of each service without first obtaining the user’s consent.
Note that there are times when information that has been collected from users is shared with third parties, such as information that has been processed for statistical analysis including gender distribution summaries, preference distribution summaries, usage history patterns, etc. This information cannot be used to personally identify users.
- 4. Acquisition, provision, and disclosure of personal information
- 5. Secure management of personal information
- Regarding the handling of our users’ personal information, we will take all possible precautions to safeguard against the leakage, loss, damage, falsification, and unauthorized access of personal information obtained from our users. In addition, we will continue to strive to keep the personal information of our users as current and as accurate as possible. Additional oversight is allocated towards limiting the number of employees with access to the personal information of our users, on a “needs-to-know” basis.
- 6. Personal information of those under 15 years of age
- We will take all possible care in protecting the personal information of minors under the age of 15. For those under the age of 15, consent of a parent of legal guardian is required to register for the services we provide.
- 7. Requests for the use, correction, deletion, or disclosure of personal information
- When users wish to make a request involving the suspension, correction, deletion, or disclosure of personal information that we hold, inquires should be submitted to the predetermined Contact support terminal for the service in question. Except in cases where special procedures have been prescribed by law, we will verify the identification of the user making such a request and disclose, stop usage, or delete the personal information related to said user within a reasonable timeframe. However, in cases where the suspension of usage, deletion, or correction of personal data would result in a significant cost to us, possibly from the additional resources required to protect the rights and interests of the person in question or resulting from disruption of service, an extra fee may be imposed. Depending on the the method of disclosure, scale of disclosure, etc. there are times when it will be required to pay a separate fee for such support.
- 8. Compliance with laws and regulations
- When dealing with personal information collected from our users, we will comply with all relevant laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information in Japan, along with various other internal rules and regulations.
Enacted: July 1, 2009
Revised: July 12, 2010